Disneyland‘s Main Street Electric Parade is back and as exciting as that is, it’s even better to know that there’s merchandise commemorating his return! Today, a new neon sign arrived on shopDisney celebrating the parade’s 50th anniversary…and of course, Mickey Mouse is having fun, too.
(Please note that this article contains affiliate links. Your purchase will support LaughingPlace by paying us a small commission, but will not affect your pricing or user experience. Thank you.)
What is happening:
- Say the words “Main Street Electrical Parade” and the first thing that comes to mind is the sounds of Baroque Hoedown! If you never tire of hearing this song, then the fact that the Main Street Electrical Parade revived againis the best news ever!
- To celebrate the return of the parade, Disney has launched a new collection of themed merchandise, and items are slowly starting to arrive on shopDisney.
- A playful lighted sign showing a dressed-up Mickey Mouse and the name of the Parade arrived on shopDisney today and will be a standout piece in your Disney collection.
- The sign features glowing globes and LED backlighting that will remind you of watching the dazzling parade at Disneyland.
- If that’s not enough, a few other items that dropped last month also remain available for purchase, including the Elliott Plush and Folding Pins.
- The Main Street Electrical Parade merchandise assortment honors the 50th anniversary of the parade, which debuted at Disneyland on June 17, 1972.
- Some elements are available now on shopDisney. Below are links to individual items.
Main Street Electric Parade Neon Sign
- On/off switch on the back
- Features 12 glowing globes and glowing backlit holes.
- Teeth for hanging
- Requires 3 AA batteries, included
- 80% MDF / 10% plastic globes / 5% LED lights / 2% battery / 1 1/2% PVC film / 1 1/2% metal
- About. 7” H x 13 1/4” W x 1 1/4” D
50th Anniversary Folding Pin
- Limited edition
- Folding hinged pin design expands to reveal Mickey Mouse with Casey Jr., Alice on the Mushroom with Cheshire Cat smile, and Captain Hook’s pirate ship
- Metal (zinc alloy) / enamel
- Each section approx. 1 1/2” Diameter (folded)
- Elliott embroidered features
- Fur tuft and tail
- Iridescent quilted wings
- Felt scales and claws
- Main Street Electrical Parade 50th Anniversary patch on left foot
- Inspired by the Disney classic pete’s dragon (1977)
- About. 14” H (sitting)
More merchandise for the Main Street Electric Parade: